- "Bringing down the moon" by Jonathan Emmett was a firm favourite at bed time and instilled a love of the moon too.
- "Opera House Mouse"reminds us of our lovely friends in Sydney who always choose great Aussie books to put into the post. This is about a very determined mouse who lives underneath the opera house and ventures out into the big wide world above his bedroom.
- "Farmer Duck" is part of a series and I know is very popular in Early years settings across the land but, nonetheless, we always felt so sorry for poor old Mr. Duck and loved the lazy farmer getting his comeuppance that we think Mr. Duck's hard work deserves a mention!
- Well there's just so many animals in "Mr. Gumpy's Outing" and Mr. Gumpy is so accommodating. Lovely sketchy pictures and more lines small people (and big people) can repeat and add to so you can read together.
- "Dooby, Dooby Moo" makes us laugh....a lot. In fact I was reading it to Years 5 and 6 only the other day. It arrived from the US of A (again from the lovely Bridget) and is the story of some very determined animals. In fact, a duck crops up again as the persistent character who would love to win a trampoline. He organises the animals into competing at a local talent show. All sorts of shenanigans in the barn with the Farmer being oblivious to it all. You do have to do a bit of singing as a cos,
After rescuing a pigeon flapping about in our dining room this afternoon, cutting the guinea pig's hair so he looks a bit less like Dougal and reviving a stunned but still breathing mouse in the house last week I thought animal antics might be a good book finding topic:
Leave a Reply.
Avid reader, sometimes a headteacher AND founder of Story shack. A place where you can release your imagination and see where it takes you....