So many amazing ideas from 60 children altogether...I don't think there was one similarity - unique and ingenious...that's our children. I know Rosehill are rightly proud of them. Their knowledge of fantasy stories and portals was great. We discussed 'portals' to get into their own lands inspired by:
- apparation in Harry Potter
- flue powder
- the toilet to the Ministry of magic-yeucn, we didn't fancy that one very much
- The rabbit hole in Alice and also the drink and cake for shrinking and growing
- hag stones and looking glass in the Spiderwick chronicles
- the wardrobe into Narnia and the painting into the Dawn Treader
The children also conjured up a wealth of creatures and maps....starting off with one creature and thinking about a special power that creature would have. This led into where they would live and into a wider 'world' of even more creatures and great use of language to maybe scare or even make you laugh.